Qualifications for Employment
The City of DeFuniak Springs is Currently Accepting Applications for the position of Firefighter-EMT
Follow the LINK for Job Announcement and Application instructions
In order to be considered for employment for the DeFuniak SPrings Fire Department, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a High School Graduate
- A High School Completion Certificate will NOT meet the requirement.
- A Millitary Diploma will meet the requirement.
- A GED will meet the requirement.
- Be of good moral character
- Be willing to undergo a background check
- Not have abeen convicted of a Felony as it directly relates to the position sought
- Have a clean driving record
- Requires Certification as a Firefighter II by the State of Florida, and Certification as an EMT by the State of Florida.
- Undergo a physical to determine the ability to perform the job
The hiring process consists of the following:
- The applicant shall fill out a City of DeFuniak Springs Application for hiring. The application can be picked up at City Hall during normal business hours. The application should be completely filled out and returned to City Hall. All information pertaining to the job should be attached to the application.
- The applicant may be contacted for the opportunity to take part in the hiring process, depending on qualifications.
- The applicant, if contacted, will take part in the following sections of the hiring process;
- A physical abilities exam which will test the psychomotor skills of the applicant
- A written exam which will test the cognitive abilities of the applicant
- An oral exam to be administered by the City Manager and Fire Chief
If you have any quesitons, please contact the Fire Department at (850) 892-8515.