City Beautification & Tree Board
The DeFuniak Springs Beautification and Tree Board is comprised of five (5) members appointed by the DeFuniak Springs City Council.
- Chair (TBA)
- Mike Goodchild
- Don Harrison
- Daniel Leonard
- Dan Owens
- Bi-monthly (odd calendar months) at 11 a.m. T
- DeFuniak Springs City Hall Council Chambers, 71 U.S. Highway 90 West, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433. Open to the public.
The duties of the DeFuniak Springs Beautification and Tree Board are as follows:
(1) Conduct surveys and studies of the present condition of all plant life on city properties, rights-of-way
and other areas, as the board may determine appropriate;
(2) Inform itself of the location of utility lines, above and underground, along street rights-of-way;
(3) Set forth a long-range plan for tree planting and city beautification;
(4) Determine the annual needs (annual community forestry plan) to be implemented with
recommendations of the procedures and personnel needed to accomplish same;
(5) Submit to the city council, a recommended budget for the estimated costs of implementing the
community forestry and beautification plans, including, but not limited to, planting of ornamental trees on public rights-of-way;
(6) To cooperate with private property owners in obtaining ornamental plantings and the proper procedures for planting and maintaining same;
(7) To inform the public, through civic clubs and other organizations, of the needs of citizen and
organization participation in tree planting and care and city beautification;
(8) Organize an Arbor Day observance ceremony or event and propose a proclamation for city council approval and declaration; and
(9) In general, to make periodic reports and recommendations to the city council, concerning the aforesaid.