Public Records Request
All City of DeFuniak Springs records, unless exempted by state or federal law, are public records. “Public Records” means all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, tapes, photographs, films, sound recordings, data processing software, or other materials, made or received in connection with the official business of City of DeFuniak Springs.
Florida Statute 119.01, referred to as the Florida Sunshine Law, governs the public’s right to inspect and obtain copies of public records. The Office of the Attorney General’s Government-In-The-Sunshine Manual contains additional helpful information, including summaries of what exemptions apply to public records requests.
Anyone can request a public record in person, verbally over the telephone, in an email or in writing. You do not have to give your name or explain why you are making a request. There may be a cost associated with your request. A cost estimate will be provided to you once your request has been received. Once the request has been submitted and the research, preparation, and copying/scanning has been completed. The cost estimate may be different than the actual cost that is charged.
Resources: Government in the Sunshine Manual 2018 Edition
- Location: DeFuniak Springs City Hall, 71 US Hwy 90 West, DeFuniak Springs FL 32433
- Phone: 850-892-8500 Ext 103
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Location: DeFuniak Springs Police Department, 355 US Hwy 90 East, DeFuniak Springs FL 32433
- Phone: 850-892-8513 Ext 223
- Email: email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- A clear concise description of the records that you are seeking.
- Please avoid acronyms.
- Email searches should include: Date range for the requested email messages Identify email accounts that should be searched Keywords to use during a search @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>