Bids & RFPs
Submit a bid or proposal for one of the following announced projects by the City of DeFuniak Springs, Florida.
Bids Due: February 1, 2019, 4pm CST
Announcement : January 16, 2019
The City of DeFuniak Springs is accepting sealed bids at City Hall located at 71 U.S. Highway 90 West (PO Box 685) DeFuniak Springs, Florida 2433 from companies/individuals with experience and expertise in exhibit and interpretive displays and signage to conceptualize, consult, plan, design, develop/create/manufacture, and install up to 17 displays. The selected bidder will work under the direction of the City’s grant administrator. It is anticipated that the selected vendor will be very involved in suggesting and fully developing the concepts, content, and final designs. The vendor’s preliminary concepts, content and designs will be refined in cooperation with the grant administrator and perhaps representatives and custodians of the historic structures and sites in the DeFuniak Springs Historic District (in and around Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs, FL) where the outdoor displays are to be located. The interpretive signage/displays will be placed at 17 locations within that part of the Historic District which comprised the original, once-gated, campus/resort of the Florida Chautauqua. The project schedule will need to include time for review, comment, revisions and approval of both content and graphics. The vendor will be required to provide a warranty for the durability of the displays for a period of 3 to 5 years.
- The entire project must be complete by May 31, 2019. Fees must not exceed $45,500.
- You may obtain a copy of the specifications at City Hall, 71 US Highway 90 West, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433 or contact Christopher Mitchell at (850) 892-8500, ext. 114.
- Bids shall be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope, “Sealed Bid – Historic District Interpretive Panels”
- The City of DeFuniak Springs reserves the right to reject any and all bids, waive any formalities, and award in the best interest of the City of DeFuniak Springs. The City of DeFuniak Springs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADS Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
- Bids due by February 1, 2019, 4pm CST to:
Mell Smigielski, City Manager
City of DeFuniak Springs
71 U.S. Highway 90 West,
DeFuniak Springs, FL 3243
Full Scope of Work and bid guidelines at www.DeFuniakSprings.Net or request hard copies by calling (850) 892-8500, ext. 114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org