Primitive camping is allowed during LakeFest 2019 in DeFuniak Springs, Florida on the festival grounds of Chipley Park for those who have signed up for a paddling course (kayakers, canoeists, paddle boarders).
- First, you must RSVP for a free paddling course to be eligible for a camp site.
- Once you have signed up for a course, complete and submit a Camp Site Reservation Form for a free camp site!
Remember, you first MUST sign up for at least one paddling course to be eligible for a camp site on the festival grounds.
- Primitive campsites (tents only) available to anyone registered for one or more paddling course(s) during LakeFest 2019 in DeFuniak Springs, FL.
- You MUST sign up for a course to be issued a campsite on the festival grounds.
- Men/Women Restrooms are available on the grounds at the amphitheater, but there are no shower facilities.
- Leave no trace practices required.
- The City will host one bonfire for campers, but no individual campfires allowed at camp sites.
- The City is also planning for an outdoor movie on the festival grounds Friday evening, May 17 at the amphitheater.
- No alcohol is allowed on City property, including the festival site.
- Camp site registrants may have up to four guests per site (the registrant plus four guests for a total of five people per site).
- Dogs and cats are allowed on the festival grounds but must always be on a leash.
- Check-in location is the DeFuniak Springs Visitors Center, 1140 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435 where registrants will receive special identification and camp site location.
- Questions? (850) 951-3057.
- We look forward to seeing you!