Participate in the Parade
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Second and Main Streets, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
1:30pm Line-Up / Check-In
Register Your Entry
- Free to participate.
- Complete the ONLINE Parade Registration Form . This information will be provided to our parade coordinator and to the on-stage announcer who will announce your entry to the public during the parade.
- Didn't submit a form by parade day? No worries. Go directly to the registration/check-in desk during line-up at Second and Main Streets on parade day. However, without receiving your ONLINE Parade Registration Form in advance, we may not be able to get your entry's information to the on-stage announcer.
- 1:30am: Registration/Check-in and line up
- 2:45pm: Horses join the parade route
- 3pm: Parade ROLLS
- Intersection of Main Street and Second Avenue. Follow parade directional signs. (Directions from Bruce Avenue: Turn on Bruce Avenue, proceed to 2nd Street (at stop sign), turn left on 2nd Street, proceed to the intersection at Main Street and 2nd Street (just before the train tracks).
- All participants (even if you have pre-registered) are asked to check-in at the parade registration table where you will receive entry numbers.
Line Up & Parade
- Floats and entries will line-up on either side of Main Street. Parking for all other non-essential vehicles can park next to the railroad tracks or down one of the feeder streets along Main Street. Please do not block fire hydrants or driveways.
- Horse groups, brigades, or posses will line up on College Avenue, one block over from Main Street at the Senior Center where trailers can be unloaded/staged. At 2:45, horses will join the parade route, where they will fall into line-up.
- Candy, throws, beads, etc., that are family friendly are welcome. You can pass out literature or business/group/organizational paraphernalia as long as it does not impede the flow of the parade.
- The parade will travel counter-clockwise around Circle Drive (Lake DeFuniak will be on your left) and will end at the point of origin.