Participate in the Parade
Saturday, May 20, 2023
Park Avenue and Hubbard Street, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
3:00 p.m. Parade / Line-Up / Check-In
ONLINE Parade Registration Form
Register Your Entry
- Free to participate.
- Complete the ONLINE Parade Registration Form. This information will be provided to our parade coordinator and to the on-stage announcer who will announce your entry to the public during the parade.
- Didn't submit a form by parade day? No worries. Go directly to the registration/check-in desk during line-up at Second and Main Streets on parade day. However, without receiving your ONLINE Parade Registration Form in advance, we may not be able to get your entry's information to the on-stage announcer.
- 1:30 p.m. Early Lineup – Parade Early Lineup can begin (turn on Bruce Avenue and follow signs)
- 2:00 p.m. Begins check-in and line up
- 3:00 p.m. Parade Begins
- Check-in and line-up begin at 2:00 p.m. at the registration table on Park Avenue and Hubbard Street.
- All participants (even if you have pre-registered) are asked to check in at the parade registration table where you will receive entry numbers.
- Be sure to park all non-participating vehicles away from the formation area. Park Avenue and Michigan Street (which crosses Park) are suggested.
Line Up & Parade
- Floats and entries will line up on either side of Main Street. For parking, all other non-essential vehicles can park next to the railroad tracks or down one of the feeder streets along Main Street. Please do not block fire hydrants or driveways.
- Horse groups, brigades, or posses will line up on College Avenue, one block from Main Street at the Senior Center where trailers can be unloaded/staged. At 3:45, horses will join the parade route, falling into a line-up.
- Candy throws, beads, etc., that are family-friendly are welcome. You can pass out literature or business/group/organizational paraphernalia as long as it does not impede the flow of the parade.
- The parade will travel clockwise around Circle Drive (Lake DeFuniak will be on your left) and will end at the point of origin.