Garbage Pickup Service
Your garbage service is active once you activate your water/sewer service. To do so:
- Visit the DeFuniak Springs Utility/Billing Customer Service Windows at City Hall, 1350 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32435.
- Your driver's license or another form of official ID with your photo,
- Property deed for the location at which you wish to have your water/sewer service activated.
Establish Brand New Service
Brand new home or business within the city limits? Call the DeFuniak Springs Public Works Department at (850) 892-8534.
Beginning October 1, 2021:
The City of DeFuniak Springs is partnering with Waste Management for trash collection services. Download Flyer. 850-389-6121
What stays the same:
- Please continue to use your cart originally issued by the City.
- Your current service day will continue to be your collection day.
- No additional charges to your current utility bill.
Contents of Cart
- All waste MUST fit inside your cart with the lid closed. Please make sure all trash inside is bagged and tied.
- No materials outside the cart will be collected by Waste Management.
Placement of Cart
- Place your cart at least 5 feet away from all objects including your mailbox, car, or trees.
- The lid opening should face the street with the wheels of the cart facing your home or businesses.
- Keep 5 feet between carts and other objects.
- Do not obstruct collection of carts by parking vehicles in the vicinity. Keep area clear for easy access by collection truck.
Please place your trash cart at the street in front of your home or business the evening BEFORE your service day and at least one foot from the curb or by 6 a.m. on your service day.
Storage of Cart
Be careful not to store your cart close to a furnace, fireplace, grill , or other source of excessive heat.
If you need an extra cart, please contact Waste Management at (850) 389-6121.
- Extra residential cart: $4.50/month.
- Extra commercial cart: $12.00/month.
Waste Management and the City of DeFuniak Springs retain ownership of all carts.
- New Year's Day
If any of the above holidays falls on your collection day, service will be delayed one day that week only. Waste Management will pick up your garbage on all other holidays.
Call Waste Management's Walton County office at (850) 389-6121.
By the Way...About Yard and Bulk Waste
The City of DeFuniak Springs Public Works Department will continue to collect your yard and bulk waste. This change of service only impacts customers inside the city limits of DeFuniak Springs.