Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Safety and Preventive Maintenance:
Safety is the top priority. City staff have received training in temporary traffic control and electrical safety.
Preventive maintenance is a key component of a traffic signal management plan, helping to meet the agency’s overall goal of providing good basic service.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance:
· Reduced frequency and severity of malfunctions
· Reduced life-cycle cost
· Extended life of installations
· Optimized signal operations
· Reduced agency liability
To reduce liability and maintain signals in good working order, a Comprehensive Preventive Maintenance Program is recommended.
The following are recommended components of a Comprehensive Preventive Maintenance Program:
· Perform routine inspection of traffic signal equipment
· Take proper safety precautions while performing maintenance.
· Ensure that signal technicians are equipped with the proper tools and training.
· Implement a program of maintenance record keeping.
The City of DeFuniak Springs has routine monthly inspections of traffic signals.
The following items are inspected during a routine inspection:
· Controller components
· Cabinet fan and filter
· Vehicular and pedestrian signal heads
· Pedestrian push buttons and signs
· Signal poles and/or mast arms
· Span wire installations
· Conduit system and junction boxes
· Detection systems
· Overhead street name signs
· Battery backups
· Cabinet prints