The City of DeFuniak Springs Human Resources Department is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function. Assist employees with all aspects of employment and benefits administration along with adhering to the applicable employment laws.
These activities include:
- Administering the position, classification, and pay plan
- Overseeing the areas of recruitment, selection, placement, and training of employees in all departments
- Facilitating resolution of employee complaints and grievances
- Maintaining centralized personnel records
- Administering all benefits
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal employment related laws and regulations
- Collective Bargaining
- Investigating and reporting workers' compensation claims
- Assisting in writing and revising city policies and procedures.
Public Records Requests
It is the policy of this agency to provide accurate and timely public records requests in accordance with Chapter 119 of Florida Statutes.
If you would like to request a public record from the Human Resources Department, please contact our Public Records Custodian using the information below:
Public Records Custodian
Loretta Laird, CMC
Phone: 850-892-8500 ext. 103
You may also appear in person, by proxy, or mail your request to:
City of DeFuniak Springs
71 US Highway 90 West
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
The production of records may incur fees in accordance with public records law.