Welcome to DeFuniak Springs! We're glad you're here. Whether you are a long-time resident, active-duty military assigned to one of the local bases,  a veteran or retiree who chose our small-town charm and lifestyle, or you grew up here and are returning home - Welcome! This page lists some resources to help get you settled into the community. If you need more information that is not listed, please don't hesitate to give our City offices a call at 850-892-8500. We'll be glad to help and point you in the right direction.

Animal Control

Contact the County for information regarding nuisance cats, dogs, and wildlife. Call 850-892-8155. 


Information about the benefits and considerations of being annexed into the City of DeFuniak Springs

Building Permits

Useful information about home repairs, structure upgrades, building something new on your property, sheds, and more!


Details about beautiful and historic Magnolia Cemetery owned and maintained by the City of DeFuniak Springs.

Fair Housing

Fair Housing information and what to do if you feel you've been discriminated against.

Fire Department

Call 911 for an emergency.  Otherwise, learn about new programs and non-emergency information provided by the DeFuniak Springs Fire Department.

Garbage and Sewer Services

Establish service or learn the rules for roadside pickup and contact information.

Historic District Properties

Information on individual properties within the local and nationally-recognized historic district  along with where to direct questions when you need to modify your structures.

Holiday Schedule

When the City is officially closed for holidays.

Homeowner Assistance Fund

The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (FDEO) has six different programs available to assist homeowners with financial burdens including:

  • Mortgage
  • Property taxes
  • Utilities
  • Fees
  • Homeowners Insurance
  • Internet 

For more information and to make application to determine your eligibility for any of these assistance programs, please visit FDEO’s website at:

For the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, the Tri-County Community Council, Inc. serves Walton County.  For more information, visit: 

New Residents

Welcome!  Here's information to help get you settled into our historic community.

Parks and Recreation Feedback

Residents and visitors, please feel free to share your experience and feedback with us. Thank you for visiting and enjoying our community!

Police and City Marshal

Call 911 if there's an emergency. Otherwise, learn about new programs and non-emergency information provided by the city marshal and police department.

Public Works Request Form

Residents can now request bulk trash pickup, report a streetlight outage, report a pothole or ask a general question for Public Works. Use this link to Request a Service or Report a Problem to Public Works:  Public Works ( 

Utility Services

Information on establishing your water services.

Whats On Your Mind?

Let us know if you have a public comment, want to leave an employee kudos, have a complaint, or if you just want to ask general questions.