- On I-10 (Exit 85), halfway between Tallahassee and Pensacola, FL
- US 331, main entrance into DeFuniak Springs, 4-laned in 2018.
- County seat (Walton County, FL)
- Next to Eglin Air Force Base
Utilities & Infrastructure
- Municipal sewer, water and natural gas
- $800,000 gas system upgrade underway along US 331 from center of town to 3 miles south.
Site Development Opportunities & Benefits
- Available land for development along newly widened US 331
- Airport Industrial Park (Gulf Power Certified Site)
- Expedited plan review (Ordinance)
- HUB zone designation (About) (Map)
- Florida Main Street Community (2017)
- Rural Area of Economic Opportunity (About)
- Community Redevelopment Agency (2018)
- Opportunity Zone (About) (Map)
- Rail spur within 5 miles from center of town
- Federal Express ground distribution center within 10 miles from center of town
Higher Education & Training
- Emerald Coast Technical College
- Gulf Coast State College branch
- high school
- middle school
- two elementary schools
Why DeFuniak Springs
Find out how to acquire all the various business licenses that are required by the City of DeFuniak Springs.
Business Location Services
Find information on demographics, schools, and taxes in the City.
Learn more about the people living in our community.
Browse information on the city budget, purchasing services, and taxes.