The City of DeFuniak Springs provides natural gas, sanitation, sewage, and water service to the DeFuniak Springs area.
New Utility Services Requirements
- Social Security number,
- Valid photo identification card
- City Utilities Application,
- New Account Disclosure Form (PDF),
- Application for New Utility Service
Payment for a utility service is due upon receipt and past due 15 days from the billing date. A 10% late penalty is charged for payments received after 5:00 pm on the 15th of the month.
Payments can be mailed, dropped off in the office, auto-drafted from your checking account or credit card, or dropped off behind City Hall in the Utility Billing Drop Box. We are now accepting Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and electronic check.
Disconnection date is normally the 25th of each month. If your service is disconnected, a $30.00 re-connection charge will be added to the current amount due.
You have two options for automatic electronic payments of your utility services:
- Automatic withdrawal on the 15th of each month from your checking or savings account. Complete this form and do one of the following:
- Download, print, complete, scan and email to email@example.com or
- Bring completed form to City Hall, 71 US Highway 90 West, DeFuniak Springs to process.
- You may sign up for automatic debit from a debit or credit card online. A processing fee may apply.
Requests for Water / Sewer Bill Adjustments
You may find you have a leak in your water line by an abnormally high bill. You may request an adjustment. Here's the rules and the forms to complete, depending on your circumstance::
- One in 5-year Water Adjustment Policy and Request Form
- One in 5-year Sewer Adjustment Policy and Request Form
- Request for Sewer Adjustment Policy and Request Form
Utility Bill Assistance
The City of DeFuniak Springs Underground Utility Permit must be completed and approved prior to authorization made to do work on any city maintained street and/or right of way. You may fax your application to our office at (850) 892-8415.
To report a problem with your utility service, please contact (850) 892-8534.