Sewer Utility Rates
The City of DeFuniak Springs City Council adopted Ordinance Number 802 regarding Sewer Connection Charges effective June 27, 2011.
Please refer to the Water Utility Rates page
- Residential: $1,000 for each living unit*
- Commercial: $1,000 per connection point plus the greater of:
- $400.00 for each additional living unit**
- $600.00 for each additional 6,000 gallons per month above the initial 6,000 gallon increment of flow estimated through the connection point.**
*Outside City Limit Rate is 25% greater
|Type of User||Inside City Limits||Outside City Limits|
|Individual Residential User||$450.00||$563.00|
|Collective Residential User (per unit)||$1,354.00||$1,692.00|
**Equivalent Residential Unit or 6,000 gallons per month.
Individual Residential user shall mean one who is requesting service for his own
personal use. Collective Residential User shall mean one who is requesting service for a residential unit or lot for the purpose of subsequent sale, rental, or lease.
Commercial User shall mean anyone other than a residential user requesting service.
Residential and Commercial users shall pay a fixed monthly base rate in the appropriate amounts based on the customer’s water service meter size, and a usage charge based on water consumption listed in the below tables for the provision of sewage service and the use and privilege of the use of the City’s sewer system.
Positive Displacement Meters
|Water Meter Size (Inches)||Multiplication Factor||Base Rate|
For larger meter rates, please contact utility billing at 850-892-8503.
- 0 to 10,000 gallons: $7.12
- 10,001 to 20,000 gallons: $7.83
- 20,001 to 30,000 gallons: $8.61
- 30,001 to 40,000 gallons: $9.47
- 40,001 to 50,000 gallons: $10.41
- Above 50,001 gallons: $11.46
All rates listed above are for inside city limits. Outside city limits will incur a 25% surcharge.
Rates are subject to change. These rates are effective 10/1/2017. Please contact Utility Billing at 850-892-8503 for more information.