City Council members voted Monday night to declare a local state of emergency in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and to implement local measures to further enhance the safety of citizens during the outbreak.
City leaders voted to:
- Limit travel of city workers outside of the county unless deemed absolutely necessary by the city mayor or manager;
- Cancel all permits for outdoor events until further notice;
- Suspend renting all city facilities until declared otherwise;
- Cancel the Monday, March 23 City Council meeting;
- Suspend all volunteer city board and committee meetings until May 1.
The City of DeFuniak Springs will continue to update this information and provide further announcements on its website at www.defuniaksprings.net, and on its City of DeFuniak Springs Facebook page. The City is also working collaboratively with county public information officials each day to provide up-to-date information on the handling of the outbreak.