The City of DeFuniak Springs Beautification and Tree Board met on September 3 and heard from Deputy City Manager Carisse LeJeune on what a parks master plan looks like. The City has several parks to upgrade with new playground equipment, plants, shrubs, and trees about which the Beautification and Tree Board makes recommendations to City leaders. Questions being addressed by the Board for a master plan include:
- Should each park have a theme based on the neighborhood in which they are located?
- Is there a common theme that all City parks should adopt?
- What type recreational or playground equipment would be appropriate and enjoyed by residents?
- How do we (or should we) connect all City parks with a walking/cycling trail?
- Should there be a bench donation program for each park?
- What type grants or funding are available for upgrading all parks?
- Which parks take priority for funding and upgrades?
Next Board meeting is Thursday, October 1, 2020 in City Council Chambers at 71 US Highway 90 West, DeFuniak Springs, FL. All citizens are encouraged to attend and provide input into the parks master plan development project.